Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shoes Of Consequence



I recently aquired a huge collection of vintage heels made by Henry Waters, Shoes of Consequence. The woman who had owned them had a voracious appetite for pumps and could not be satisfied until she had every shade, tint, print and texture in her collection. I almost drowned in a sea of shoes in her hall closet. I looked like a crazed moron stuffing them into my jumbo Ikea bag. Her name was Jerry, and Jerry had not one but 14 pairs of lavender springolaters, all in very slight variation of one another. She had at least 20 pairs of gold shoe's... but I know-- who doesn't?  Jerry was my kind of gal. She loved beauty and surrounded herself with glamorous things. A lot of Jerry's favorite things will be on sale at Xtabay over the next couple weeks. Come by and feast your eyes.

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely! ~ I just acquired a collection of about 25 pairs of Henry Waters shoes from the 40s thru the late 60s - many are springolators (unfortunately sizes 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 N) and one pair are handmade Beleganti jeweled black peeptoes bought from Waters' store in the mid 40s.

    He apparently even carried Schiaparelli as a pair of bejeweled black heels have Henry's name in one & Schiaparelli Paris in the other shoe.

    I know his shop was in Portland, but by chance were you able to find out much about when he opened & how long he was in business?

    Am trying to get some background info before listing - thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

    Kind Regards, KD

    ReplyDelete